Once you have confirmed an interview with a potential employer, be sure to thoroughly prepare yourself for that interview. The following guidelines will help you to make a positive impact at your interview.
- Research the company’s website prior to your interview. This will not only impress the interviewer, but you will benefit by having a brief summary of the company’s history, revenues, and culture.
- Be on time. Punctuality is key! Arrive at least 15 minutes early. This will demonstrate your regard for the interviewer’s time. Use this time to go over your notes and assess areas you may wish to cover.
- At the first point of contact with your interviewer, shake their hand firmly. A nice firm handshake shows a high level of confidence and security.
- A smile on your face at initial contact speaks volumes! Show that you are eager and enthusiastic.
- Maintaining eye contact is crucial. By looking your interviewer in the eye, you communicate confidence in yourself and your capabilities. Remain attentive and receptive throughout your interview.